Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Thank you...

Thank Yous usually come at the end of blog posts, but I'd thought I'd break precedence and start off by expressing my gratitude to you, the loyal readers of Laurel's Quill.  In the three years since I started this blog, I've only accumulated 64 official followers, but the rest of you who tune in every now and again are among my most treasured and loyal "following".  In the three years since January, 2010, Laurel's Quill has had almost 9,500 page views, which means somebody must be interested. Though you may not be "official", I appreciate you and every person who visits or claims "I love your blog" or tells me "I love reading about the stuff you do".  Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

If I don't fall off the fiscal cliff, I plan to write, photograph and otherwise continue to document the "Stuff I do" in 2013. The project list is long this year and includes some "finishing stuff I do" and some "starting new stuff".  I hope you tune in, and leave me a comment or two...it pumps my ever needy ego...LOL!!!

Wait for it..................

More of this... sewing for Dress a Girl Around the World...why not join me at a sew fest??

I want to continue to challenge myself with more of this....


My furniture is pushing it's limit after 18 years, so why not do a little reupholster this chair...just not sure what color or pattern, but I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to be that hideous Emerald Green that is supposed to be the NEW color for 2013.


I WILL finish this art quilt, I promise....I actually tried it out in the family room...it's going to be a great addition to the Southwest thing we have going on in there.


I hope to take some stuffing out of Colette this year...maybe the Paleo diet?


Let's pay off some of these in 2013...in case the drop off the cliff is higher than we can all imagine...


And I think I will create the second volume of Laurel's Quill in hardback at the end of 2013. I used My Publisher to make a coffee table book of my favorite blog posts since the beginning of my blog.  It is important to preserve some of my writings, so I'm thinking I'll create a new volume every year...


My hubby is an avid reader of Laurel's Quill, so I thought about adding pictures of things that I'm putting on HIS HONEY-DO list for 2013...like the weather stripping on the front door, the window...never mind.  I better stick with my own list. 

Love you all, and THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING LAUREL'S QUILL!!!

Happy New Year, and may all your dreams come true!


Laurel.  It's going to be a great year!
Sharing with


13 comments:

  1. Love that art quilt. I've wanted to try that.

    The followers will come.

    Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! I had a hunch that we see only a small glimpse of your creativity. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it: There isn't anything that Laurel doesn't do WELL!!

    You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pop in frequently to read your posts - I love the things you made and do. I have taken up knitting again and am really enjoying it. I really fancy doing a lace scarf - maybe a step to far though. We will see.
    Hope 2013 is a happy and lucky year for you :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. I hope your 2013 is awesome as well!!!~

      Delete
  4. I think the art quilt looks great and can't imagine what more needs to be done. Wishing you only the best in 2013. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I truly thought I was a follower funny how my life real or imagined is not always right:)
    I love your art quilt it is beautiful. You are such a talented lady.
    I also love your list line your Hubby's list sounds boring compared to yours:)My Hubby never reads my blog good for yours.
    Happy New Year. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Buttons. Hope you have a great year too!! laurel

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Laurel! I am often here but don't always comment. I'm glad you are here and writing about your life...thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with all of us. I expect more wonderful musings in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan thank you. I love your blog and am continually intrigued by your needlework talents. Hugs. Happy New year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every year I think about doing a blog book, but then never do. Maybe someday.
    Love your art quilt... so cool.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, love the little dress...thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays last week,following and featuring your blog today,hope you can stop by and link up again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...